People Helping People – The Credit Union Philosophy
The staff of COPOCO Community Credit Union is proud to be active members of our community in events such as:
- COPOCO Community Credit Union Kids Club Safety Day - Held on the first Saturday in June and open to the public, this event teaches children safety issues that include, but are not limited to:
- Bike safety & tune up from Rays Bike Shop
- Bike helmet fitting from Field Neurosciences Institute
- Boating safety with the Coast Guard
- Fire safety instruction through Bangor Township Fire Department Smoke House
- Gun safety
- ID Program for children 12 and under; lead by the MI Child ID Program
- Water Safety
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Through the Junior Achievement of Northeast Michigan, credit union employees go to local schools to teach students how to manage their checking accounts, apply for loans and manage their money.
- In conjunction with the International Credit Association (ICA) we have worked in the Bay City, Essexville and Bangor Township school systems with high school students on the issue of credit worthiness.
- Through the Bay-Arenac Career Center Mentorship program, we have provided students with the opportunity to experience what it is like to work for a credit union.
- Through area schools where teachers and students have invited COPOCO Community Credit Union staff to their school for some life application presentations about financial institutions.
- By hosting Boy and Girl Scout Troop tours, COPOCO Community Credit Union helps our young people earn a badge.
- Saginaw Soap-Box Derby clinics have been held at COPOCO Community Credit Union’s office.
- Through the Bangor Township Fire Department Barrier Free Safety House Pancake Breakfast Event money is raised for the operational fund of the Safety House.
- We have helped raise money to fight child neglect in our area through the 102.5 WIOG Million Penny Roof Sit.
- By hosting Community Food Drives for local homeless shelters & food banks.
Helping each member realize their financial goals and dreams