Zelle® is a fast, safe and free1 way to send money to friends and family
Zelle® is available right from your online and mobile banking account and conveniently located in the same place where you pay your bills.
It is easy to get started. Simply log in to your online banking account or mobile banking app and enroll in Bill Pay. Once your account is verified, return to Bill Pay and select the "Send Money With Zelle®" tab.
Enroll in Zelle® and start sending and receiving money with friends and family!
How to start using Zelle®
- Enroll or log in to Bill Pay
- Select "Send Money with Zelle®"
- Accept Terms and Conditions
- Select your U.S. mobile number or email address and deposit account
That’s it! You’re ready to start sending and receiving money with Zelle®.
Watch the video to learn more about Zelle®!
- What is Zelle®?
- Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send money directly between almost any bank accounts in the U.S., typically within minutes.3 With just an email address or U.S. mobile phone number, you can send money to people you trust, regardless of where they bank.2
- Who can I send money to with Zelle®?
- You can send money to friends, family and others you trust.2
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account within minutes,3 it's important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you've used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number.
- How do I enroll in Zelle®?
- To start using Zelle® at COPOCO CCU, you must be enrolled in Bill Pay. If you are not already enrolled in Bill Pay, you can enroll by logging in to online banking or our mobile banking app. Locate the Payment Center tab and follow the instructions to complete the Bill Pay enrollment steps. Once enrolled in Bill Pay you can access “Send Money With Zelle®” tab in Bill Pay to complete a brief one-time enrollment to tell us which email address or U.S. mobile number and deposit account you would like to use to send and receive money with Zelle®.
- How do I use Zelle®?
- You can send, request or receive money with Zelle®.
To get started, log in to COPOCO CCU's online banking or mobile app, navigate to Bill Pay and select "Send Money With Zelle®." Accept terms and conditions, enter your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, receive a one-time verification code, enter it and you're ready to start sending and receiving with Zelle®.
To send money using Zelle®, simply add a trusted recipient's email address or U.S. mobile phone number, enter the amount you'd like to send and an optional note, review, then hit "Send." In most cases, the money is available to your recipient in minutes.3
To request money using Zelle®, choose "Request," select the individual from whom you'd like to request money, enter the amount you'd like to request, include an optional note, review and hit "Request." 4
To receive money, just share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number with a friend and ask them to send you money with Zelle®.
- Someone sent me money with Zelle®, how do I receive it?
- If you have already enrolled with Zelle®, you do not need to take any further action. The money will be sent directly into your bank account and will be available typically within minutes.3
If you have not yet enrolled with Zelle®, follow these steps:
- Click on the link provided in the payment notification you received via email or text message.
- Select COPOCO CCU.
- Follow the instructions provided on the page to enroll and receive your payment. Pay attention to the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the payment notification - you should enroll with Zelle® using that email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the notification to ensure you receive your money.
- Who can I send money to with Zelle®?
- You can send money to friends, family and others you trust.2
- Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account within minutes,3 it's important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you've used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number.
- What types of payments can I make with Zelle®?
- Zelle® is a great way to send money to family, friends and people you are familiar with such as your personal trainer, babysitter or neighbor.2
ince money is sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account within minutes,3 Zelle® should only be used to send money to friends, family and others you trust.
Neither COPOCO CCU nor Zelle® offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
- How do I get started?
- It's easy – Zelle® is already available within COPOCO CCU's mobile banking app and online banking within Bill Pay! Check our app or sign in online and follow a few simple steps to enroll with Zelle® today.
- What if I want to send money to someone whose financial institution doesn't offer Zelle®?
- You can find a full list of participating banks and credit unions live with Zelle®here.
If your recipient's financial institution isn't on the list, don't worry! The list of participating financial institutions is always growing, and your recipient can still use Zelle® by downloading the Zelle® app for Android and iOS.
To enroll with the Zelle® app, your recipient will enter their basic contact information, an email address and U.S. mobile number and a Visa® or Mastercard® debit card with a U.S.-based account (does not include U.S. territories). Zelle® does not accept debit cards associated with international deposit accounts or any credit cards.
- How does Zelle® work?
- When you enroll with Zelle® through your online banking Bill Pay account or mobile banking app, your name, the name of your financial institution and the email address or U.S. mobile number you enrolled is shared with Zelle® (no sensitive account details are shared – those stay with COPOCO CCU).
When someone sends money to your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile number, Zelle® looks up the email address or mobile number in its "directory" and notifies COPOCO CCU of the incoming payment. COPOCO CCU then directs the payment into your bank account, all while keeping your sensitive account details private.
- Can I use Zelle® internationally?
- In order to use Zelle®, the sender's and recipient's bank accounts must be based in the U.S.
- Can I cancel a payment?
- You can only cancel a payment if the person you sent money to hasn't yet enrolled with Zelle®. To check whether the payment is still pending because the recipient hasn't yet enrolled, you can go to your activity page, choose the payment you want to cancel and then select "Cancel This Payment."
If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle®, the money is sent directly to their bank account and cannot be canceled. This is why it's important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you've used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number when sending money.
If you sent money to the wrong person, we recommend contacting the recipient and requesting the money back. If you aren't able to get your money back, please call our member service team at 800-292-2897 so we can help you.
Scheduled or recurring payments sent directly to your recipient's account number (instead of an email address or mobile number) are made available by COPOCO CCU but are a separate service from Zelle® and can take one to three business days to process.
You can cancel a payment that is scheduled in advance if the money has not already been deducted from your account.
- How long does it take to receive money with Zelle®?
- Money sent with Zelle® is typically available to an enrolled recipient within minutes.3
If you send money to someone who isn't enrolled with Zelle®, they will receive a notification prompting them to enroll. After enrollment, the money will be available directly in your recipient's account, typically within minutes.3
If your payment is pending, we recommend confirming that the person you sent money to has enrolled with Zelle® and that you entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
If you're waiting to receive money, you should check to see if you've received a payment notification via email or text message. If you haven't received a payment notification, we recommend following up with the sender to confirm they entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Still having trouble? Please contact our member support team at 800-292-2897.
- Will the person I send money to be notified?
- Yes! They will receive a notification via email or text message.
- Is my information secure?
- Keeping your money and information safe is a top priority for COPOCO CCU. When you use Zelle® within our mobile app or online banking, your information is protected with the same technology we use to keep your bank account safe.
- I'm unsure about using Zelle® to pay someone I don't know. What should I do?
- If you don't know the person, or aren't sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an online bidding or sales site), you should not use Zelle® for these types of transactions.
These transactions are potentially high risk (just like sending cash to a person you don't know is high risk). Neither COPOCO CCU nor Zelle® offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
- What if I get an error message when I try to enroll an email address or U.S. mobile number?
- Your email address or U.S. mobile phone number may already be enrolled with Zelle® at another bank or credit union. Call our member support team at 800-292-2897 and ask them to move your email address or U.S. mobile phone number to your financial institution so you can use it for Zelle®.
Once customer support moves your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, it will be connected to your bank account so you can start sending and receiving money with Zelle® through your COPOCO CCU banking app and online banking. Please call our member support team at 800-292-2897 for help.
1 Mobile network carrier fees may apply.
2 Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle®.
3 Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle®.
4 In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already be enrolled with Zelle®.
Copyright © 2022 COPOCO CCU. All rights reserved. Terms and conditions apply. Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
P.O. Box 1520
Bay City , Michigan 48706