People Helping People – The Credit Union Philosophy
Who We Are | We share our prosperity within the communites in which we serve. All employees are encouraged to volunteer locally through various non-profit agencies, service clubs, as well as economic development organizations.
As we look to the future, our focus remains grounded in the loyalty to our members and our servicing region. We will continue to advance our legacy of fulfilling our commitment to the safety and soundness of COPOCO Community Credit Union. It is truly an honor to be your financial partner.
The staff of COPOCO Community Credit Union is proud to be active members of our community in events such as:
- COPOCO Community Credit Union Kids Club Safety Day - Held on the first Saturday in June and open to the public, this event teaches children safety issues that include, but are not limited to:
- Bike safety & tune up from Rays Bike Shop
- Bike helmet fitting from Field Neurosciences Institute
- Boating safety with the Coast Guard
- Fire safety instruction through Bangor Township Fire Department Smoke House
- Gun safety
- ID Program for children 12 and under; lead by the MI Child ID Program
- Water Safety
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Through the Junior Achievement of Northeast Michigan, credit union employees go to local schools to teach students how to manage their checking accounts, apply for loans and manage their money.
- In conjunction with the International Credit Association (ICA) we have worked in the Bay City, Essexville and Bangor Township school systems with high school students on the issue of credit worthiness.
- Through the Bay-Arenac Career Center Mentorship program, we have provided students with the opportunity to experience what it is like to work for a credit union.
- Through financial literacy presentations initiated by COPOCO CCU team members at area schools.
- By hosting Boy and Girl Scout Troop tours, COPOCO Community Credit Union helps our young people earn a badge.
- Saginaw Soap-Box Derby clinics have been held at COPOCO Community Credit Union’s office.
- Through the Bangor Township Fire Department Barrier Free Safety House Pancake Breakfast Event money is raised for the operational fund of the Safety House.
- We have helped raise money to fight child neglect in our area through the 102.5 WIOG Million Penny Roof Sit.
- By hosting Community Food Drives for local homeless shelters & food banks.