FRAUD Management is a top priority for COPOCO CCU
As your financial institution, we take your card security seriously. As such, please be assured COPOCO CCU has measures in place to protect card information, whether it is a large breach at a retailer or taken from your own computer. Our Alert System monitors cards continually for fraudulent transactions.
Our fraud management system monitors both Credit and Debit Card activity 24/7/365. When the Fraud Management system indicates a card has been "compromised" it will then be deactivated to prevent unauthorized transactions on your behalf. You will be notified by phone of this action. We advise you contact us to request a new card.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our office at 800-292-2897.
Credit and debit card fraud statistics are up, and much of the fraud comes from criminal activities we can’t control. But safeguarding your cards – and identity – from risk of exposure starts with keeping constant control of your cards, your numbers, and any other details about your financial information.
At COPOCO CCU, we offer measures to help protect your information. But we all need to be responsible and aware of actions that will minimize risk and keep our information safe. Make good habits and stop bad ones to minimize your risk with the following tips:
- Sign your cards
- Skip easily recognizable PINs (Personal Identification Numbers) and Online Passwords
- Routinely check your credit report for errors and unauthorized accounts at www.annualcreditreport.com
- Switch to e-statements and pay your bills online
- Before traveling, notify your ATM/Debit & Credit Card issuer of the location and time frame to account for changes in your card use “out of pattern” purchases
- Review online accounts frequently
- Be cautious of someone contacting you, asking for personal information and stating they are from your financial institution
- Report card loss
- Report your card fraud to the authorities
- Report change of address directly to your financial institution
- MasterCard ATM / Debit: 800-472-3272
- VISA Credit Card: 866-539-9069
- COPOCO CCU Member Service Department (during business hours only): 800.292.2897 OR email@example.com
For your convenience and protection, please contact us if you plan to travel to another state or country*. You may do so by calling 989-684-1873 or 800-292-2897. Providing us with this information prevents your cards from being blocked in error. – saving you the hassle of having cards blocked from any use while away from home.
To give you additional card security, we use a Fraud Alert Management Detection system which monitors your COPOCO CCU VISA and/or your MasterCard ATM Debit Card activity to help identify unusual spending patterns and fraudulent transactions.
*NOTE: VISA and /or MasterCard may block transactions in foreign countries identified with high fraud activity.
COPOCO CCU Account holders are required to indicate change of address in writing, form is available for download. You may change your account(s) address(s) through copoco@home, your online account access, by downloading the request form by clicking here, or in person at one of our branch office locations.