What are the guidelines for taking a good picture for Mobile Deposit?
Make sure your check image follows these conditions:
- Take pictures in a well-lit area.
- Avoid shadows such as those created by holding the camera between the check and the light source.
- Only the check you are working with should be visible in the picture.
- Avoid having objects in the frame, such as other papers, pens, etc.
- Take the picture of your check against a darker background color.
- Make sure the check is not cut off by the edge of the view window, a deep shadow, or other objects. All four corners of the check need to be visible.
- Make sure the image is sharp and focused. For some devices this means pulling back from the check so the image does not blur.